I recently had occasion to make cupcakes and I thought this time I’d use some white chocolate frosting..I love chocolate in any way, shape or form and I like the taste of the chocolate frosting better than buttercream. Of course, the only appropriate topping would have to be more chocolate This time in cookie form, hehe.
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
100g milk chocolate
125g softened butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
120 gms white chocolate melts.
1/4 hot water
2 cups icing sugar
100 gm butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate cream cookies
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celscius and line muffin pans.
- Combine the water and milk chocolate over low heat, stirring until the chocolate has melted. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Beat together the sugar and butter until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flours and cocoa together. Gradually add into the sugar, butter and egg mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and spoon into the prepared muffin pans.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the center bounces back when lightly tapped. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, combine the white chocolate and hot water. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl. Add the butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in the cooled white chocolate then place in the fridge until the frosting is firm enough to pipe.
- Place the frosting in an icing bag and pipe onto the cupcakes using a star tip.
- Cut some chocolate cream cookies in half and place on top of the frosted cupcakes.